Competition in the job market is tougher than ever.
Having the proper skills and know-how for crafting the ideal resume will give you a leg up on the competition.
In this article, we’ve listed 20 resume tips with helpful insights, tricks, and advice for putting together an effective resume that stands out to employers.
Here they are at a glance.
- Keep your resume specific
- Use bullet points
- Have a professional email address
- Include both hard and soft skills
- Tailor your resume to the job description
- Choose a simple and readable font
- Make sure it's always relevant
- Include achievements when appropriate
- Use an active voice
- Use a two-column layout
- Provide quantifiable descriptions
- Always tailor your resume to the job
- Double-check contact information
- Make sure you’re using the right resume format
- Know when to provide references
- Use strong action verbs
- Showcase your job promotions
- List relevant education and certifications
- Create your resume with a template
- Review professional resume examples
Keep reading to see recommended examples and usage for each one of these resume tips.