Content Marketing Associate
Content Marketers create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience. This includes publishing social media posts, writing articles for the website, and drafting the content calendar.
How to Write a Summary for a Content Marketing Associate
- Mention your previous experience. Which industries have you worked in? What kinds of content have you created?
- Describe your greatest strength. Are you an excellent communicator? Do you excel at creating social media content, infographics, or videos?
- Explain what you’re eager to accomplish in the next stage of your career. Are you looking to work in a specific industry, such as entertainment or healthcare? Do you prefer to work with a certain kind of content, such as social media or blogging?
How to List Your Work Experience as a Content Marketing Associate
- Use reverse chronological format. List your most recent jobs first, as this shows managers how you’ve gained experience in the industry.
- Use action verbs related to being a Content Marketing Associate. Verbs are critical to demonstrating what you can do for the company. Review the following list for some powerful examples.
See our list of over 350 action verbs to find more.
Senior Level Work Experience as a Content Marketing Associate
- Conducted market research to develop impactful insights to inform strategy
- Delivered relevant recommendations to grow product adoption and satisfaction
- Facilitated communication and coordination between Marketing and the Product, Sales, Engineering and Analytics teams to identify successes
- Evaluated product feature and marketing program impact on customer adoption using analytics, relevant metrics and user feedback
- Tracked our customers’ journeys and value propositions by partnering closely with sales, conducting user interviews, and tracking usage
- Created marketing content for social media purposes, including posts, videos, and blogs
- Assisted in development and execution of content to meet campaign goals
- Created and implemented email marketing campaigns
- Developed web content and managed it in the Kentico CMS platform
- Monitored and administered web analytics dashboards and reports
- Performed keyword research to optimize existing content and uncovered new opportunities, and performed link building on website
- Monitored and evaluated search performance across major search channels
- Provided recommendations and executed strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals
- Communicated to team and management on projects, timelines, and results
Junior Level Work Experience as a Content Marketing Associate
- Assisted content developers with the creation of reusable marketing information for use in proposals and other media
- Created fresh, unique content on a daily basis, including 27+ articles, daily Instagram posts, and 30 YouTube videos
- Assisted in the creation of content strategies, including the development of content marketing calendars
- Executed on-page SEO strategies
- Supported the sales team with crucial data and analytics on the success of marketing campaigns
- Created and edited content in both WordPress and custom environments
- Performed proof-reading and English revisions (editing) on content produced by global offices in Europe and Asia
- Produced paid content articles for advertising opportunities on external websites
- Produced content for monthly newsletter
- Created content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, accounts
- Compiled and reviewed content performance through Google, Mailchimp and other Social media analytics
- Maintained Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe InDesign templates
How to List Your Skills as a Content Marketing Associate
Content Marketers need to be able to analyze the marketplace in order to develop relevant content. This includes having the following skills:
- Market Research
- Analytical Skills
- SEO Strategy
- Social Media
How to List Your Education as a Content Marketing Associate
Content Marketing Associates generally require a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a similar field.
Requirements for licensure vary by state but generally involve the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant experience
- Complete a background check
Certifications are not mandatory, but they can improve your chances at landing the job.
For more details on the certifications, check out this link.
Content Marketing Associate Career Overview
The job outlook for Content Marketing Associates is growing at 20% per year, which is considered much faster than average. In 2018 there were 681,900 jobs available.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics does not have data specifically for Content Marketing Associates. However, according to the data for Marketing Specialists, the average is $71,570. However, salaries could be as high as $122,630 depending on experience, certifications, industry, and location.
Top Paying Salaries by State
- $91,360 -- New Jersey
- $88,290 -- Washington
- $84,990 -- Delaware
Search for Content Marketing Associate Jobs