Property Manager Resume Writing Advice
Let's cover the most important sections of a Property Manager resume.
- Resume Summary Section
- Work Experience Section
- Certifications Section
- Technologies Section
How do you write a great Property Manager resume?
A property manager candidate's resume needs to emphasize outstanding leadership and savvy business skills to work at respected apartment companies in a management role. Experiences should highlight overseeing the management of the tenant experience. Refer to specific examples that highlight various building administration tasks, handling building maintenance issues, and help support occupancy.
What is a great Property Manager resume summary example?
The resume summary or objective is the section that draws the most attention on your resume. It's where you need to prove in the fewest words possible that you're qualified to do the job, and you're up for the new challenge. It's important to tailor your resume summary to the job. Here's an example:
Veteran property manager with 10+ years of experience managing property administration and the tenant experience. Seeking a position to manage residential properties with 100+ tenants.
Read our guide on how to write the perfect resume summary to learn how to nail this section.
What work experiences should you include on your resume?
Here are some ideas on writing about your experiences and responsibilities as a Property Manager on your resume depending on the level of experience you have.
Tip: Create a Strong Work Experience Section - It's important to include action verbs and quantify results. Use this list of over 350 resume action verbs as a guide to craft the most effective bullet points.
Junior level work experience for Property Manager
- Ensured that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
- Prepared and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assisted with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Became proficient with the in-house administrator property management software.
- Coordinated entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking.
Mid level work experience for Property Manager
- Process building maintenance and repair projects and requests for assigned buildings.
- Monitor complaint log daily, process all requests, and concerns as necessary.
- Contact Director of Maintenance or Director of Housing Management before contracting vendors to complete maintenance and renovation projects for assigned building (including obtaining bids, writing purchase orders, verifying work completion
- Review and approve all bills and invoices for assigned buildings.
- Ensure that regular maintenance procedures occur, including but not limited to fuel delivery and extermination for all CHDC buildings and clients.
- Review rent arrearages for assigned buildings and meet monthly with Building Management Department to coordinate with Social Services staff on rent recovery procedures and/or commence legal actions.
Senior level work experience for Property Manager
- Ensure the smooth running of our community in a fast-paced environment.
- Overseeing all operations including maintenance, capital improvements, lease administration, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, collections, evictions, vacancy anticipation, marketing, lease renewals, service contracts, expense control, audits, etc.
- Providing superior customer service and communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and profitability.
- Developing, mentoring, leading, and managing a high-performing, cohesive team, including leasing, customer service, maintenance and management personnel, in order to maximize their engagement and minimize turnover.
- Driving revenues with your thorough understanding and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing programs.
Tip: List Licenses & Certifications Correctly - Make sure to list any licenses or certifications on your resume in the right section for the best chance to win the interview.
Relevant Property Manager Resume Certifications & Skills
This resume section is a good opportunity to highlight specific skills relevant for a Property Manager job. Be sure to review the job requirements and adjust your skills accordingly. Take a look at the example Property Manager below.
Related Certifications for a Property Manager
Certified Property Manager (CPM)
Related Skills for a Property Manager
- Microsoft Office
- Tax Credit
- Yardi Voyager